We’re excited to announce Dress for Success of Greater Orlando as our charity of choice for the 2019 competition. Dress for Success is a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to help disadvantaged women prepare for job interviews so that they can become self-sufficient, productive members of society.
Being Ms./Mrs. Corporate America goes beyond business and beauty. The reigning title holder is responsible for giving back to the community. That’s why we ask contestants to bring a business suit or dress that they no longer wear to donate in support of Dress for Success during the competition weekend. A Dress for Success representative will collect the donations during the contestant orientation.
The Dress for Success Worldwide organization includes:
- More than 120 affiliates worldwide, including the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Mexico, the U.K. and the West Indies. Each site is an independent, volunteer-driven, non-profit organization committed to fulfilling the Dress for Success mission on the local level.
- Staff members of Dress for Success Worldwide, who handle overall management of the nonprofit, provide support to affiliates and are responsible for stewardship of the brand. In addition, the worldwide staff coordinate organization-wide fundraising and events.
- Dress for Success board of directors, which retains legal and fiscal oversight of the organization.
- Sponsors, who provide critical financial, in-kind and other types of support to the organization.
- A diverse group of foundation and individual supporters, who contribute clothing and funds to Dress for Success and make it possible to serve clients.
- Strategic partners, whose services complement and provide greater value to clients.
- Young Executives for Success (Y.E.S.!)® group, a volunteer branch of Dress for Success in New York City for professional women in the fashion, beauty and media industries.
- The founder of Dress for Success, Nancy Lublin, who established the organization in 1996 with a $5,000 inheritance from her great-grandfather, Poppy Max.
Donate to Dress for Success of Greater Orlando.